Where is the Vale of Evesham?
Help: If you zoon in using the + button you can then drag the orange man to a street to view it in Google street view.
The Vale of Evesham has excellent access to the UK's road and rail infrastructure. Drive times to major cities from Evesham are:
- Birmingham - 45 minutes;
- Worcester - 25 minutes;
- London - 2 hours 30 minutes;
- Bristol - 1 hour 10 minutes;
- Manchester - 2 hours 30 minutes;
- Cardiff - 1 hour 30 minutes; and
- Edinburgh - 6 hours.
The nearest airport is Birmingham International, which is a 40 minute drive from Evesham. East Midlands, Bristol, Manchester and Cardiff airports can be reached in less than 2 hours, while London Luton and Heathrow are just over 2 hours making international connections easy too.
The excellent links have lead to Evesham becoming a preferred location for distribution operations especially those supplying the food industry as much of the raw materials are grown locally as well.
Rail services in the Vale of Evesham are provided by First Great Western with direct links to Oxford, Worcester Hereford and London Paddington Station. Current journey times to London are approximately 2 hours with trains running roughly hourly. However, August 2011 will see the completion of the redoubling of the line to Evesham which will greatly enhance its capacity enabling travel times to be reduced and the frequency of services to increase.
Bus services in this rural area have been, it's fair to say, a challenge especially bus links to the Vale's villages. However, the launch of the Wychavon Hopper service will improve the situation immensely by providing clockwise and anti clockwise circular routes and creating half hourly links between the Vale's villages and Evesham Town Centre, the Railway Station and key business parks.
National Cycle Route 41 links Evesham to Stradford upon Avon and Tewkesbury and the Evesham Walking and Cycling Map gives useful information on how to get around sustainably.
The River Avon offers a more sedate method of transport but its links to the River Severn at Tewkesbury and the Stratford Canal at Stratford upon Avon ensure that the UK's waterway network can be accessed from the Vale's marinas.
Further travel information can be found at:
The Vale of Evesham offers that rare combination of accessibility and affordability that is set in a beautiful rural location. We are rightly proud of our offer and would welcome the opportunity to share it with you.
For all enquiries please contact Shawn Riley, Evesham Market Town Partnership Manager:
Tel: 01386 565518
- December 13 - 2013 (Fri)December 13 - 2013 (Fri)December 13 - 2013 (Fri)December 14 - 2013 (Sat)December 14 - 2013 (Sat)December 14 - 2013 (Sat)December 14 - 2013 (Sat)December 14 - 2013 (Sat)December 16 - 2013 (Mon)December 19 - 2013 (Thu)
- December 20 - 2013 (Fri)December 21 - 2013 (Sat)December 21 - 2013 (Sat)December 21 - 2013 (Sat)December 21 - 2013 (Sat)December 26 - 2013 (Thu)December 28 - 2013 (Sat)December 29 - 2013 (Sun)January 02 - 2014 (Thu)January 05 - 2014 (Sun)
- January 10 - 2014 (Fri)January 11 - 2014 (Sat)January 18 - 2014 (Sat)February 01 - 2014 (Sat)February 01 - 2014 (Sat)February 02 - 2014 (Sun)February 02 - 2014 (Sun)February 02 - 2014 (Sun)February 14 - 2014 (Fri)February 22 - 2014 (Sat)